Monday, January 30, 2012

Whooo Hooo, the Entertainment Center is complete!

As I had to cancel all of my planned festivities for Friday and Saturday (I had pink eye of the bacterial nature), I decided to make good use of the time at home, not only did I read 51 of the 88 chapters in Lee Child's book "The Affair", Emily and I finished the entertainment center project!  We did this Saturday night while Sean was out at a birthday party for a friend and VOILA, here it is: (the pic seems a bit distorted-pay no never mind to that!)


Em and I even brought the games out and put those over on the left side and now they are out in the open, no more pulling out the step ladder to get them out of the top of Em's closet!  We even played 2 games of Littlest Pet Shop Hideaway Haven when we finished!  The blankets now have a nice home over there on the right side too!  I'm doing a little happy dance now that this is complete!!


Sunday night we decided to try our hand at making melted crayon hearts and by golly they turned out AWESOME!! I found the idea on Pinterest ( but I forgot to repin or like it and now I cannot find it so here is another very similar recipe: http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/crayon-hearts-671639/

Here is our project (using a silicone heart muffin tray from the dollar bin at Target:

 Sean and Em peeled the papers off the crayons...

 I put about 2 Tbsp in each cup and baked at 230 degrees for 15 minutes...

Let cool...I got impatient and stuck them in the freezer for about 30 minutes, popped them out and they are so stinkin' cool!!  Em cannot wait for her Valentine's party at school to give them to everyone!  We'll be peeling and cutting more crayons tonight, Em pulled out her gazillion used crayons so we'll have plenty now!

No comments:

Post a Comment